Call for Submissions
Touched By Fire is a non-profit peer support and recovery program developed to celebrate, support and inspire the work of artists with mood disorders such as depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder.
An initiative of the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario, the program includes an inclusive, non-juried on-line gallery at www.touchedbyfire.ca and an annual juried exhibition, “the art show you have to be crazy to enter.”
Artists living with depression, anxiety, and bipolar face unique personal, social, and professional challenges. Free from stigma-based barriers, Touched By Fire offers a supportive environment and opportunities for these artists.
Submissions for the annual art show and sale are now being accepted.
Submissions close September 30th, 2015 at 5:00pm.
To submit your artwork, please visit
This year we are also celebrating the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario’s 30th anniversary and the 10th anniversary of MDAO’s Laughing Like Crazy program. To include all of these combined celebrations, we are calling the event Art and Laughter, a celebration of creativity. The event will take place on November 4th, 2015 starting at 7:00pm, in the Gallery at 99 Sudbury Street, Toronto. (see here for directions)
A donor has generously covered the submission fees for all artists. Your submission allows you:
- Entry of up to five individual works (works made up of individual pieces, such as triptychs, will count as one entry)
- Jury review of artwork for selection for the Touched By Fire Art Show and Sale, to be held at the Studio at 99 Sudbury, Toronto.
- All entries, regardless of juried selection, will be posted to the online Touched By Fire Gallery
- All artists, who wish, will have their website listed on the online Touched By Fire Gallery
- Artwork selected by the jury, for the Touched By Fire Art Show and Sale, can be sold at the show. (Please note, a 20% commission will be withheld on all pieces sold. A tax receipt for the withheld amount will be issued to the artist.)
- All artists that enter will be given one complementary ticket to attend the Art and Laughter event.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org