Architectural designer, artist, and founder of Van Dromme Designs, Josée was born in Montreal and raised in Ottawa. Her love of art and design started at a young age & was refined after completing formal design and art education, working for over two decades in the design industry and teaching for the Interior Design program at Algonquin College. She currently divides her time between the worlds of design and art. Josée’s art is influenced by her love of mark making and the outdoors.
I have an intimate relationship with lines and shapes.
Each mark has its own narrative.
Exploring each mark requires patience.
My favorite tool is the pencil.
Putting my pencil to paper is all about listening/trusting that the marks will reveal a new work worth pursuing.
As I create, surprises happen. And very often, the accidents are more interesting than the original idea. Perhaps the accidents are the secret.
- 2015 – 2021 Fine Arts Diploma, Ottawa School of Art
- 1990-1994 Interior Designer Diploma: Algonquin College: Honours graduate
- 2005 – 2006 Architectural Technician Certificate
- June 13 2016 The Robert Hyndman Painting and Drawing Scholarship from Ottawa School of Art
- November 22 2018 The Lillian Raport Memorial Scholarship from the Ottawa School of Art
- Group exhibition: Intermediate Painting exhibition in the Lee Matasi gallery January 2018
- Group exhibition: Big in Gallery 200 at the School of Dance Jan-March 2019
- Solo exhibition: Footprint at the GCTC: March 12 – April 28, 2019