OSA | ÉAO presents
34th Annual Holiday Fundraising Art Sale
ByWard Market Campus: November 22 – December 9, 2018
Opening / vernissage: Thursday November 22, 5 pm to 8 pm
The Ottawa School of Art – Downtown Campus Gallery is pleased to present its 34th Annual Holiday Fundraising Art Sale. The exhibition features a wide range of original, unique and affordable works of art created by the members, instructors and alumni of the School in a wide variety of media, sizes and prices. The funds raised from this sale go toward the Ottawa School of Art’s bursary programs to provide free art classes and materials.
The Holiday Fundraising Art Sale is open to all active members in good standing with the Ottawa School of Art. This year, the OSA will host a Holiday Fundraising Art Sale at the ByWard Campus only.
ByWard Market Campus: Friday November 16 and Saturday November 17, 2018 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 pm.
Submission Fees and Requirements:
- All participants are required to pay a $10.00 non-refundable submission fee, (cash only), paid upon submission.
- All participants are required to commit a minimum of three hours, volunteer time for gallery sitting. Participants are also strongly encouraged to sign up to help with the installation of the artworks on Tuesday November 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Two or three people would also be needed to help with the takedown on December 10 from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
- The gallery Sitter provides security for the artworks and offers help with purchases. Please see gallery sitter’s information sheet that will be provided in the gallery.
Art Work Requirements:
- All framed and unframed artworks, (canvases included), must be wired and ready for installation, upon submission. Artists must make sure their framework is stable, secure, and presentable. Poorly framed and / or poorly presented artworks will not be accepted for the sale. OSA reserves the right to refuse unsuitable or distasteful artworks.
- Guideline for wall installed artworks: Each artist may submit up to 3 artworks. The combined dimensions of the submitted artworks must fit within a 30” x 30” space. Artists will be notified to bring in a replacement pieces as their artworks are sold.
- A limited number of pedestals are available for three-dimensional artworks. If any artworks have special installation requirements,(i.e.: hanging from the ceiling), the artist is required to assist during the gallery installation.
- Persons submitting jewelry or smaller artworks must provide their own secure display, a small table, and be available to set their work up on the day of the gallery installation.
- The maximum price per artwork shall not exceed $500.00.
- All artworks submitted must be for sale. Replacement artworks must also be for sale and close to the same measurements as the sold artwork.
- PLEASE PRINT LABEL INFORMATION CLEARLY!
Label information: Title of artwork, Artist name, Medium, size, year completed, and Price, must be printed
clearly on the submission form and, (clearly), on the back of each artwork. Artists will not be contacted for label clarification. The information provided will be transferred to the final label for the sale.
- All artworks must have the artist’s signature!
- OSA shall retain a 35% commission of all sales as fundraising.
- All unsold works must be picked up on the following dates:
Monday December 10, 2018: from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 pm.
Tuesday December 11, 2018: from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 pm.
Wednesday December 12, 2018: GALLERY CLOSED
- OSA will not wrap unsold art for transport. Artists must bring packaging materials when picking up their work. If you are unable to pick up your unsold work(s), arrangements must be made to have someone collect them. OSA cannot store artworks over the holidays. Unclaimed artworks may incur storage fees.
- Cheques for all work sold during the sale shall be processed within the first two weeks of OSA reopening in January 2019.
For more information, please contact:
ByWard Market Campus: Cathy Brake, 613-241-7471 ext. 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Members from both campuses are invited to participate in this exciting two week event! Not a member? Becoming a member is easy! For more information on our new membership levels or becoming a member please visit our website: artottawa.ca/membership