Have you ever wondered how ceramics are made? Or what linocut printmaking is? How do you paint with watercolours? What type of pencils should you use for an illustration? Or have you always wanted to try a new art medium? Your opportunity is here!
Join us for the Ottawa School of Art’s 3rd Annual Open house, to showcase the many different courses, workshops and programs we offer at our great school. Join us at our main campus for a full afternoon of art making! Meet some of our instructors and get a sense of what you can expect when you take a course at the Ottawa School of Art.
There will be information, live demos and workshops in a variety of artistic fields, showcasing some of what you could expect from a class here at the OSA.
The event will include short demos/workshops:
· Printmaking with Rob Hinchley
· Ceramics with Megan Pethick
· Children’s programming with Gerard Bélec & Deidre Hierlihy
· Sculpture with Maria Moldovan
· Watercolour Painting with Yulia Lisitsyna
· Fine Arts Diploma Info and Life Drawing with Andrew Fay
· Drawing with Jayne Couch
· Illustration with Maya Hum
· Dark Room Photography with Edward Murray
· And OSA’s Printmaking Roller Derby! We will be printing large scale prints with an asphalt roller just behind The Hudson’s Bay!
In this case bigger is better! Artists take to the streets for large scale print making! Experience the art of steamroller printmaking from some of Ottawa’s most talented printmakers as they add a flare of hype to conventional methods.
Come participate! Come check out our specialty studios, chat with Instructors, bring your kids, leave with a piece of art that you created!
It’s going to be a fun filled day of “Teaching Art to Everyone!” something we do every day