Minto Suite Hotel | 187 Lyon St. North
The Minto Suites Hotel exhibition space is located at 187 Lyon St. north, just at the beginning of the concourse on the main floor. These display case measures 53” in height, 191” in length, and 14” in depth and offers access to a high traffic up scale business and vacation traveler clientele.
Small vitrine – Assel El-Rayes is showing a small selection of oil on canvas works from June 10 to August 12, 2015.
Brief Biography about the Artist:
- Assel El-Rayes is a Canadian Artist who presents a unique talent in both abstract and semi- abstract art expressions, through her oil paintings. Assel’s strong passion and unique talent in art were observed since her early childhood.
- At the Ottawa School of Art, Ottawa, Canada (1997-1998) Assel joined the portfolio development program which helped her form her style.
- During the period (2001-2013), Assel was devoted to her art that purely reflects her observations, thoughts, feelings & dreams.
- Assel finished drawing her thoughts in a journal with the title: “thoughts without words” in black ink (2001- 2012); and is working on part two of this project.
- Assel participated in the OSCA WINDSOR PARK ART SHOW -for two years in a row (2012 and 2013) – showing her paintings and handmade cards.
- In 2014 Assel decided to go back to Ottawa School of Art and join the diploma program in fine art.
This series of paintings has a working title of “Back to Life”. These paintings were created after I experienced a creative block and lost the ability to produce artwork. During this time, I felt my life had paused. However, my paints, canvases, and brushes called me back and I began creating again; achieving the results I was aiming for.
My paintings are abstract and expressive. They express my feelings and thoughts, although I encourage the viewer to freely interpret the paintings the way they see, feel, and think about them.
Charlene Walker is showcasing three of her mixed media works from her Maps Maps Maps series from June 10, to August 12, 2015.
Maps Maps Maps
These painting incorporate maps to examine my past through the places that are important to me. Having painted travel photos for several years, integrating maps into my paintings was a natural progression. I chose places that are significant to me and showcased something that spoke to me about the region to tell a story. Each painting is a personal examination into my past, and what has made me who I am.
Charlene Walker is a visual artist living in Ottawa She paints the natural world, breathing calm into chaos. She focuses on acrylic landscape painting, incorporating texture and strong colour. She has been showing her work in various galleries and collections around Ottawa since 2007.