CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS For the 2017 Exhibition Season
The Ottawa School of Art (OSA) is now accepting proposals of current or proposed work for the 2017 exhibition season for both its ByWard campus gallery and Orleans campus gallery. Artists working in all media are invited to submit proposals. Group exhibition proposals are also accepted.
Artists should submit only one proposal and indicate the gallery in which they wish their work to be exhibited (i.e. ByWard or Orleans). One exhibition proposal can be submitted for consideration at both galleries. An application to both galleries must include an understanding of both spaces and how the show would differ to best use the dimensions of each gallery.
Basic information on the two galleries:
Byward campus gallery offers approximately 735 square feet of wall space with a hardwood floor.
Room dimensions: 28’ – 7.5” x 25’ – 6.5”. Height to ceiling: 11’ – 7.5”.
Height to track lighting: 9’ – 9”.
The Orleans Gallery offers approximately 1313 square feet of wall space with a concrete floor.
Room dimensions: 60’ – 0” x 22’ – 0” Height to ceiling: 12’ – 3”
Height to track lighting: 9’ – 8”
The Orleans gallery also has several moveable wall panels measuring 118” x 48”, which can
be used to divide the room length wise.
Proposals MUST include the following information in order to be considered:
- 1. An outline of intent and rational of the exhibition, and title.
- 2. An artist statement and up-to-date exhibition curriculum vitae.
- 3. Enclosed with the application, a maximum of ten images of recent work completed within the last 2 years. Do not submit original work. Please refer to the Guidelines for Support Materials (attached).
- 4. A list of works containing: name, medium, size and year the work was made.
– The jury, which consists of 3 art professionals, will make its selection based on the quality of the work, the overall integrity of the proposal, and its relation to the programs of the OSA. (Poorly organized proposals will not be considered). The jury will meet within 4 weeks of the submission deadline.
– Artists will be notified of the jury’s decision within 2 weeks of the jury meeting.
– Submission packages may be picked up at the OSA reception desk by this time or, if a self addressed sealable envelope is provided, will be returned via regular post. Submission packages remaining after the two weeks of being notified will be discarded.
– CD’s, DVD’s and USB sticks will be returned by mail only if the artist provides a suitable stamped, self-addressed envelope.
– OSA is not responsible for damage or loss of CD’s, DVD’s or USB sticks during handling by Canada Post.
Conditions of Exhibition:
– A CARFAC artist’s exhibition fee will be paid to the artist(s).
– Selected artists will be responsible for shipping and shipping insurance to and from OSA.
– Any special equipment or display materials required for works in 3 dimensions, video works and/or media works that are selected for exhibition must be supplied by the artist(s).
Deadline for Submissions:
4:30 PM Friday, May 20, 2016
Mail or deliver, (submissions will not be accepted via email), your submission to:
The Gallery Committee
Ottawa School of Art
35 George St. Ottawa, ON K1N 8W5
For more details regarding the submission please call or e-mail:
Cathy Brake at the Ottawa School of Art Byward Campus 613-241-7471 x 27 email@example.com
Nadine Argo at the Ottawa School of Art Orleans Campus 613-580-2765 firstname.lastname@example.org