Beyond the Tattoos
The Ottawa School of Art is very pleased to extend an invitation to all tattoo artists working in the Ottawa region to take part in a juried group exhibition of original artwork. We want to highlight the depth of talent and range of styles that tattoo artists in Ottawa have. The purpose of this show is to highlight the artistic abilities of tattoo artists when not using the human body as their canvas (We are not looking for photography of tattoos!). We want your drawings, paintings, prints, photos, sculptures, etc. – the personal and private work that usually doesn’t end up on someone’s skin!
Exhibition of art by tattoo artists
Organized by the Ottawa School of Art, Orleans Campus
Exhibition Dates: June 27 to Aug 3 2014
Ottawa School of Art Campus, Orleans Campus
Jurors: to be Determined
1. The exhibit is open to all professional tattoo artists, also working in drawing, painting, print media, photography and sculpture.
2. Each artist can submit a maximum of 5 pieces to the jury.
3. All work should be “exhibition ready”
Submissions MUST include the following information in order to be considered:
1. Submissions form and artwork list;
2. An artist’s statement / bio;
3. An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
4. The deadline for submitting artwork is Friday May 23, 2014 5pm. Works can be brought to the Ottawa school of Art Orleans Campus office between 9am and 5pm, located lower level of the Shenkman Art Centre 245 Centrum Blvd. Orleans, ON K1E 0A1. Work can also be dropped at the downtown campus at 35 George St. in the ByWard Market.
For more Information